Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How to Make a Good Kid

One of my teachers was talking to me today and said something along the lines of, "Mikaella, how do you make a good kid?" He asked me if Mariah was a good student-a good person- and what my parents did for a living. The guy is some odd years and hasn't had a kid of his own. (And working in education who would blame him.) But he wants to have a kid he can be proud of, who will turn out well, who he will love loving. He said when it came time he would just survey the parents of good kids and see how they did it, what they chose to do which created the foundations of a child who would grow to be somehow great.

I wonder the same things about my future kids. What's the secret? I hope my parents are still around to tell me how they helped to mold two such lovely masterpieces. (Ha ha.) And I wish it were easy like,


-5 parts love

-2 parts trust

-4 parts discipline

-A whole lot of patience

-A whole lot of prayer


So I just told him, love 'em, trust 'em, raise 'em right. I think that's how my parents did it. "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he shall not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there,