Sunday, July 31, 2011

Writings While on Plane

I am now however many feet or miles into the air and I'm surprised I didn't freak out or anything. I was pretty desperate not to, though. My stomach has been killing me since we got to the church around 8. If this doesn't end I don't see how I'll be able to truly do all I need to. Everyone says once we're there I'll be fine, and for all of our sakes I hope they're right. This really is a good group. Everyone is humorous, approachable, compassionate, excited.

We've reached the part of the sky with the many blue layers. The soft blue, muddled by clouds, the deeper blue, and finally the ascending cerulean and royal as the atmosphere begins to reign.

Landing soon-everthing outside the window is neat little squares. Ships out on the water look like shooting stars on the brightest summer night.

Here now and being introduced to car horns, pigeons, and stop and go traffic. My new favorite things, right?!

Every space, every nook and cranny of this part of town is a blank canvas, crying to be scrawled upon. and a good few have answered the call. Of course, if anywhere, THIS is the place to leave your mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there,