Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Uke,Tech and Intranet, and my Constant Complaints

So,recently I've started learning how to play the ukulele and also the guitar. My grandad had given me a learner guitar a while back and had a ukulele at his house that I started to mess around with. After we had left my grandparents' house that sunday my fingers were itching with the need to play again. My grandad let me borrow it to learn on and I was extremely excited. It's been a week or so and I'm able to play some Beatles and some simple stuff like Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Happy Birthday. I really love it and I think I'll be able to use it in the future even if just as a hobby.



I've been thinking about how much technology we have these days. us young whippersnappers with our "eye-pods and internet cameras, getting on facebooking to chat with our cyberfriends and update our tweeter." All of these things and more are here. These things that astound and confuse some of the older generations. If we really kept up with all of it, it would be enough to give us information overload. So I have a blog, a facebook, a myspace, a twitter and accounts on aim, msn, yahoo, and google. I remember a time when I was completely dedicated to my xanga and neopets accounts. I liked to change my background and chat with all the noobs on the boards and I was extremely dedicated and loyal to my guild. How things have changed and evolved and generally moved on! Ha, is it sad or funny that I can be nostalgic about the internet?



Fall is now upon us;leaves changing,windshields frosting, and cute sweaters being bought.As a general rule I dislike the cold. The heat in school doesn't come on until November 15th and I positively cannot wait. I find it wrong that there is already such a biting chill in the wind and that I can see my breath in the air. Come on nature, it's not even winter! As it is I'll be wearing 4 layers every time I go out in the mornings. I feel I would be perfectly happy as a hermit in my room with the heat on and music playing. Creating my very own grown up womb. Sigh. The things I do for my friends...like leaving my bed and making contact.................


But I do love you,so I'll face the cold cruel world..just for you.

1 comment:

  1. Ha well WE are glad you suffer for your friends because your awesome! (no your not dude dont lie) I think its totally worth it. You were the one that introduced me to awkward pocket!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,