Saturday, July 24, 2010

Waste of My Time

We came here together
That's the only effort you've put in
And my mind is getting empty
You're too busy holding up your grin

And I'll leave you or I'll keep you
Either way I'll be fine
But if you're not willing to play you're part
Then you're wasting my time

You're asking all those questions
That don't tell you anything at all
Do I look like I like sushi?
Didn't come here to talk small.

And I'll leave you, I don't need you
Either way is perfectly fine
Cause if I'm not feeling a single spark
Then you're wasting my time

And I'm catching the glances
And weighing my chances
Of being here with anyone else
Maybe you thought that you had me
But I'm not sittin' on your shelf

And I'll leave you or I'll keep you
Either way is fine
But if you're not trying to win my heart
Then you're just wasting my time

You're lookin' where I'm lookin'
Then you're reaching for my hand
Aren't you such a romantic?
Every movement conducted as planned

And I'll leave you, Can't believe you
Who would honestly fall for that line?
And listen close cause I'll say it once
You're such a waste of my time

"Check please."

3 comments:

  1. Love it,
    where did it come from though? Seems like it came right out of left field...I feel so out of the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Like I always ask who is this about becuase I feel i make connections to the person and the words. I liked it. It seemed sad but confidence. Check please. I like it. Your good at this kinda thing kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both.
    I know I write all this relational stuff but I'm not even in one. I don't have anyone in my life. I just get like a line, or a stanza and then I have to continue. Especiallt since this was a song, I wanted to finish it. I can see the whole thing in my mind, y'know? It just..doesn't apply to me. It's mostly just about wanting something sincere and never settling for less.

    How do you feel you relate, Will? I'd love to hear your take.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,