Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's What Cool Kids Do

And by it, I mean lists.


1. The other night Andrew and I talked about going to jail, arm-pit hair for Locks of Love, and hair removing treatments. Among other things I can't remember.
2. I put random little lines of poetry everywhere. I write in notebooks or on random slips of paper, I write on my big paper in my room, or on my dayplanner. One such note I found while cleaning my desk.

Just be honest with me baby
And listen when I speak.
It's enough to make me happy
When I know most talk is cheap.

I have a running post going of these kinds of these. Eventually I'll post my Patchwork Poem.

3.I should be cleaning right now. I know most of the people coming over have been to my house already, multiple times. Some have been in my room when it was awful and waded through my clothes and probably sat on my underwear. Still, impressions, first or last or in between mean something. Like, "She puts in effort for those she cares about." "Her house is nice." Stuff like that that shouldn't matter but does. I actually kind of love when people come over and the house isn't perfect. It's like saying, "I trust you. I'm okay with you knowing that this is how I live a good deal of the time." And with friends, by goodness you should be able to do that. With family too, but no, family visits usually calls for cleaning as well. Bleh. No me gusta.
4.We have some games at my house, but like, odd ones. Like Trivial Pursuit and Backgammon. No, actually my mom bought Mad Gab the other day too. But still. I remember one night just going through the Trivial Pursuit cards and my dad acing a bunch of them. Here, let me see, one of the cards asks, "What is the Chinese book of changes called?" And apparently it's I Ching. Useless knowledge some, but still impressive. Also, I remember sitting out on a deck with Ashley, Mariah, Leah and some new girl. The girl was Allison, a friend of ours. It was during some church party and there was a lake and a game room. Most people were inside but we ventured out with snacks and listened to the soft music playing through speakers. I think TP was just sitting out on the table so we decided to play. We sat out there for what seemed like ages taking turns reading the cards and making jokes and laughing, squinting in mostly dark.
5. Also, I have a Happy Bunny mouse pad. It says, "Crazy doesn't even begin to cover it."Oh, goodness. This doesn't need to become another 'Things On My Desk' blog but that's like the only things I'm looking at since my desk is over in a corner. But, back to my train of thought. I'd like a new one, because it matches nothing and I took it from Mariah because my mouse wouldn't work otherwise. Just a black one would be cool with me. There are so many useless things I want. But, yeah. Happy Bunny mouse pad.
6. Books. I love to read and I love to re-read. There are so many books I'd like to read again. The other day I started reading the Harry Potters again since we have them now. I want to show you some quotes I've liked so far. (And I'm only on page 133)

"Harry didn't feel brave or quick-witted or any of it at the moment. If only the [sorting] hat had mentioned a house for people who felt a bit queasy, that would have been the one for him."
"Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!"-Dumbledore

7. I picked out how to play a bit of the Bed Intruder song on our tiny electric piano. That song enchants me.
8. A song by Parry Gripp about brave rodents.
9.I think rats are really cute. We had some at one point. 2 hairless rats whom we called Pinky and Snuggles. Obvious names are obvious. They were really sweet, but smelly and with long nails. We didn't have them for too long. Despite my mom's later realization that it was probably not the best purchase she loved them. She has loved every pet we've had.
10. Another useless video from my albinoblacksheep days...here.
11.Fantasia. Have I ever blogged about it? It's the world in The Neverending Story. That movie is so amazing. I'm pretty sure we have it because I watched it a while ago. Even with the horrible CGI and the weird plot-line it still manages to amuse, mystify, and warm my heart. <333>

12. I keep losing the end of my post. But basically it said that I feel pressed, like I have a large weight on me and there isn't anything I can do about it. I hate when people point things out and call you out when you have no way to fix it. I hate when people won't hear you or accept a word you say because of their preconcieved notions of your opinion, or your situation, or you as a person. And I need someone to talk to.

1 comment:

  1. Those were some awesome videos!
    Books good? harry Potter books are great!
    Fantasia is really good! I have not seen it in forever but it good! Stuff just thrown together but in a cool way.
    More poems please you are so good at writing!
    All for now.
    -Will

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,