Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Journal Response on Honesty 8/30/10

Honesty means everything to me. While growing up, my parents spoke very blatantly and honestly with me. I have come to expect the same level of openness from friends and peers. I always want to know what a person is thinking and their opinions of me and anything else. Honesty is a way to show your trust in another person and to open yourself up to all another has to offer. A sincere and well-rooted connection flourishes when both parties are being thoroughly honest with each other.

In To Kill a Mockingbird, Atticus Finch leads a very honest lifestyle. This way of revealing himself helps his children to better understand life. In many aspects of the novel the conflict hinges upon a character's willingness to be honest. When Tom is falsely accused of rape, Mayella, his accuser, faces the dilemma of her own dishonesty.

Communication stands as the human race's most important and best skill. When that medium is bogged down by a lack of honesty we lose the connection and understanding it once offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there,