Friday, April 2, 2010

Don't Move Too Fast

Don't move too fast
Take your time
Don't force the common interest
Let familiarity blossom

Stay soft and quiet
Be smart and cautious
Tread lightly on the unknown
Speak as though your words will remain

Be memorable
Different
Set apart as
One of the good ones

Listen
Listen
Listen
Don't move too fast.




I wrote that last night. I'm not exactly sure what I mean. Maybe just an open letter to the new littlies,coming up and trying at love and friendship before they even know how. It's 7:43. I go driving at 8 and I'll be done by 11. Then I'll be done with it all. Woo! Large cheer and confetti.

I started this blog so early in the morning and I believe I'll just continually add on to it. It's gonna be rambletastic. I'm listening to some new music. New music is like candy and icecream and sunshine. Sweet and childishly pleasurable. Old standby music is like a bed. Easy and comfortable and just there to rest in.


I was trying to think of things to write as I was sitting in the back of the car. I just had a couple random things. They aren't fully developed thoughts so I'll bullet them.
  • Shiloh. I really like that name. We passed by a silo. First off I wondered why there was a random silo. Then I thought how nice that words sounds. "Silo,silo,silo." I said to myself. I thought, there should be a similar name. And there is. Shiloh. Girl or boy. Almost as good as Aristophanes.
  • "Zoom zoom." and "All you,kid." What do those statements have in common? Both things Mr.Weakland used while we were driving. He's a good instructor. Encouraging.
  • Summer Slack Off- That point after spring break where nothing seems as important or serious and you just don't want to do anything. Like a sudden onset strain of Senioritis for the whole school. I know just how powerful it is. Maybe if we had year round school it wouldn't be so bad. I think I would mind year round school quite a lot though. I am not a learning robot.
  • You remember being young and just always wanting to go somewhere? Always wanting to go to Carowinds, or to the skating rink? I always wanted to go to the mall when I was younger. Every summer day was an opportunity to convince my mom to let us go shopping. Even if I didn't have any money, I wanted to go. Westfield. That place was so tops in my mind. Now, a mall, eh whatever. I guess everything is just so much more exciting when the world is new.
  • "I can see everything once it's already happened-I'm very good at the past. It's the present I can't understand." Just a line from High Fidelity I liked. So so true. Who hasn't grimaced at the retrospect replay of their actions? Hasn't analyzed the heck out of a single moment and decided each and every thing that would have made it better? Still, we barrel along with living and go at it with the greatest amount of grace we can muster.

After I got back from some highway driving, (Which went super well for those of you actually interested in my driving prowess. Which should be anyone living around the Carolinas. Haha. Pedestrians 100 points.) I did some sitting and some cleaning of the kitchen. My rules for cleaning the kitchen are generally as follows:
1.First,knock everything into the floor. Crumbs and what have you. All on the floor.
2.Wet a washcloth and get the noticeable stuff off the counters.
3.Sweep.

Simple, to the point, not really clean. Ha. I'm not a cleany person so I just do the bare minimum. Later on today I'll clean my room. Room cleaning goes like..
1.Put everything on the bed.
2.Put everything on the bed back into their places.
3.Make up bed.
5.Vacuum.
Similarities there.


This blog has no wrap up! But just know there is more to come. Thanks for sticking with me till the end of this!







3 comments:

  1. "Don't move too fast
    Take your time
    Don't force the common interest
    Let familiarity blossom" <-----that is awesome.
    :D I really like that. I liked the whole blog, but I don't really have any worthwhile contributing thoughts. I enjoyed it though! So, are you excited about being on the road? It scares me. Well, not you being on the road, me eventually being on the road scares me. Too many people you have to worry about, you have to be ready for something to happen at any second. *shudders*

    I like how you clean. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice that you left out number 4 in the second list? I did.
    I clean in a similar way. I pick things up, put them on my bed, sweep, put the things where they go and make my bed. that's it. I hate dusting. It seems like such a waste.
    I need a haircut. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poem is interesting. I clean my room the same way. I think it works very well. Lovin the blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,