Friday, April 2, 2010

A Nameable Lick Injure

"These are really the thoughts of all men in all ages and lands, they are not original with me,
If they are not yours as much as mine they are nothing, or next to nothing,
If they are not the riddle and the untying of the riddle they are nothing,
If they are not just as close as they are distant they are nothing.
This is the grass that grows wherever the land is and the water is,
This the common air that bathes the globe."
Excerpt from Walt Whitman's Song of Myself

In his poem Walt glorifies and accepts his own entity, and his body, and his mind. He also speaks of the togetherness of people, the interconnectedness of nature, and the majesty of it all. I love it in a way I cannot explain. Whitman just breathes out the words of my inner self, my mind's bursting exclamations. I get that feeling when the air smells so sweet. I'm forever telling people to smell the air. Does anyone else know how wonderful it is? Especially at night, warm night air is the most beautiful aroma.


Beyond my internal wanderings there is the present, and darn well living in it.School was pleasant enough today. In my Spanish class we watched Fat Albert the movie for most of the period. I took a science test. I was attacked by a sink. Washing my hands I was thinking and washing and the water was spraying everywhere. My inner writer said, "And it sprayed out like a mighty river,an arced waterfall, like a liquid assassin hell bent on getting my jeans wet." That's just how my brain does. Words,words,words.

I was discussing my love of words with an associate. (Just kidding, a friend of mine.) We got onto anagrams and made anagrams of our names. This site gave me some good ones. (ex. A Ambulance Jerkin Lie,A Unlikable Jean Crime,A Amiable Lice Jerk Nun) I think once I finally write books I might use a pseudonym and I'd want to anagram a bit of my name for it. It'd be fun.

Other just as important tasks to accomplish and a last day of driving tomorrow. Excited I am, though tired already. Have a swell night my dears. Enjoy the air!





4 comments:

  1. Like!
    we were talking about whitman the other day in history class, and we are associates too silly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the poem like you it I dont know why I like it but the words put together or something it just sticks out.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,