Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Mother and I

After all our Easter familyness I rode back home from Charlotte with my mom. After we had firmly settled into the groove of the highway she asked, "So, what's going on in your world?" My mind started shooting off all the good and bad of my past couple of days, past week or two. I told her about some of my mixed up feelings and the things I had to get done over the break. We talked about getting a start on tans together. We talked about me growing up, Mariah going to college, why she wouldn't want to get another cat. We talked about boys,music and songwriting, and things that annoy us. It was nice. I wrote some things down since it's my habit when I'm thinking of blogging.
  1. I thought of the title Misconceptions and Misdirections. That may become a song or a poem somewhere down the road because it has a nice ring. "You honestly need to know more about me. These misconceptions and misdirections start so early."
  2. I learned the word vignette. Basically short little decorations or descriptions, etc. It's the word mi madre used to describe my little book of notes.
  3. Latent. I do enjoy the word latent. It's used to describe things that are there but not able to be seen.Dormant. Potential. Latent ability. Latent emotions.
  4. "Just kidding!" Don't you say something hateful then follow it up with a just kidding. If you've said it, you've thought about it. If you've thought about it, it came from somewhere. So, as the evidence shows, there is always a little truth behind every "jk" statement made. Period.
  5. I like to write songs and poems but some of the time I'm sort of embarrassed at how typically girly they are. Truly though, how do I get away from it? As far as I see there is a small range of general song types. There are subcategories though.
  • Love
  • Hating Love/Hate/Break Up
  • Feel Good
  • Independence/True To Self/Self-Esteem Feel Good
  • Independence/True To Self/I Am A Monster
  • The World/Political
  • Christian
  • Rap
SUBCATEGORIES
  • Educational
  • Silly Songs
  • Etc.
So some of those I just wouldn't write. The others are sort of personal and I couldn't help but to expose myself through them. Or else they would be artificial, made to sell, made to please.

On those thoughts I leave you.I'm about to watch Bicentennial Man with my family. All my love!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have time to write a long comment.
    Every thing I could ever want to say to you can be summed up in this: I love you. *muah*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your song title, it truley does have a ring. And I've always wondered if those j/k things were based in truth at all.
    Also that part about the song's is so true, I always feel kinda cliche when thinking of what to write about. And then I almost don't want to write anymore because I think does the world really need another song about girls or love or feelings? But then I write it anyway and I've come to the conclusion that you shouldn't ever be embarrased if you're writing about something you honeslty feel. Now if you're writing just to please someone else that might be diffirent. I used to write things because I thought other people might like to hear them but now I realize that I really write for myself and to help figure out my problems.That is my favorite part about music and songwriting, that it can express or even alter your moods or feelings.Also, I used to worry about people catching on to things that I referenced in lyrics and exposing myself, but It seems most people don't notice or they just apply the lyrics to something other than your original meaning. And finally If you don't know what to write about I'd suggest taking this simple advice " If you want to sing a songand you want other people to sing along, just sing what you feel, don't let anyone say it's wrong."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its great when you can sit down with a person and you get to talk to them and seem what life experiences they have. Nice song title

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,