Monday, August 10, 2009

Honey in the Sun

At the moment I am standing down in a room by the lobby at a computer. These computers don't have seats. I believe it's so people don't hog them, but it makes me angry. D=

So, I did have innienet connection yesterday but I also completely forgot as I had places to do and people to see.

So far on this lovely trip I'm doing good-but burnt at the moment on my face and trying to sleep on a pull out bed with 9 and 7 year olds. Woohoo! I'm constantly hungry but when we go out to eat I eat far too much and make my stomach ache. I ahven't taken any real beachy pictures because I haven't felt like carrying around my camera.Kortni and I met a boy named Shane who we think might be a figment of our imagination, and I think he lives on floor 15. I also think he looks more like a James or a Keith. He's nice, but as I said-he doesn't exist in the real world.

I've been given the nickname "inchworm" by Kortni because of how I always inch into the water since it's either hot or cold. It's kind of nice having a nickname-but it's also extremely true that I'm slow to warm...or cold...or whatever.

Today we went-OUCH! My ankle jsut popped from standing here like I am, feeling the masterful hotel strategy at work-to look at some beach shops, the ones that are always going out of business and all sell the same little yellow and white sundress at 15 dollars. I've looked for presents for people and I almost bought a bracelet for Chris, but it looked like it would come unclasped really easily. But otherwise I would have, he needs something for his wrist. We saw little baby turtles and I always want them when I go but they smell and our little room doesn't need that.

I've been reading a book titled, "Feeling Sorry for Celia" by Jaclyn Moriarty (sp?)it's insanely good and exactly in her style. Read that, and her other books. They wrap you in their arms and hold onto you till the very last page. I'm almost done with it because I've spent some time out on the balcony reading and watching the birds.I like to watch the people come in and out. Some just sit and watch, some come out and tidy up and hang towels and look busy, others jsut talk or drink.

I really have nothing insightful or important to say! I miss my Bay, and my boy,my bed, and my family.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this very much because, unlike usual, I don't already know what you did today. I didn't post yesterday either :(
    Tell us more about this boy, and why you think he doesn't exist please. It perplexes me.

    Love you and miss you!
    Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Figgy sounds great. I'm glad you're having fun at the beach.
    Ashley won't be able to come to Midnight cry because she'll be out of town and I think Allison will still be own of town, too. We might spend the night with leah??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inchworm. I would be the same way if people weren't always encouraging me to hurry up. If I am alone I tend to do that, but when I am not I just jump in and feel the icy/hot burn. (Isn't Icy/Hot one of those lower back products?)Well. Love you dear, and your blogginess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It nice to know you fun time at the beach. The book sounds good. You always have suggestions on here for people. ITs cool. Oh! do you have "looking for Alaska"? I was told to read it. Well thats all for now! Inchworm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love doing suggestions. I love sharing with people things that are GREAT. I do have LFA. I just grabbed it out of my room. I'll stop by or you can some time and I'll get it to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,